Cosmetic Acupuncture is a safe and effective natural alternative to cosmetic surgery.
Cosmetic Acupuncture also known as Facial Rejuvenation is a safe, gentle and natural anti-aging practice to enhance beauty and wellbeing. The treatment is used to soften lines and wrinkles, lift sagging, increase firmness and tone in the face and bring to your face circulation for that bright, even and glowing skin that everyone dreams of having. It also addresses your health and the whole body, so problem skin and Acne can be eliminated. Very fine needles that are made especially to be used for the face are inserted using different techniques on different areas of the face to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin to achieve a firming effect to the face.
Cosmetic Acupuncture stimulates the cells to lay down new collagen fibres under wrinkles, thereby filling them in. And the needles relax muscles, which combats sagging in facial areas. The results are amazing. The stimulation from the Acupuncture needles brings blood rushing to the face, which makes it look flushed. After a few sessions, eyes brighten, skin feels firmer, lips become plumper and blemishes vanish.
Cosmetic Acupuncture works by making energy circulate properly around your face, but energy needs to circulate properly around your whole body, not just your face. It focuses on the entire body by regulating one's flow of energy, or "qi", and addressing the "energy blockages" that might be causing the problem.
What are the benefits of Cosmetic Acupuncture?
- Moisturises the skin by increasing circulation of blood and lymph to the face
- Improves muscle tone, firmness and elasticity of the skin
- Helps lift sagging and drooping
- Fills out sunken areas
- Helps eliminate fine wrinkles and soften deeper wrinkles
- Improves facial colour, leaving glowing and radiant skin
- Brightens the eyes and helps lift drooping eyelids.
- Stimulates collagen production
- Improves hormonal balance to reduce acne
- Softens Acne scarring
- Reduces stress evident on the face & slows the aging process from within
- Leaves you feeling refreshed, relaxed and rejuvenated.
Who would benefit from Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture?
Anyone concerned with looking and feeling young and slowing down the aging process. The decision to begin treatment may be professionally or personally inspired or a combination of both. Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is suitable for those with deep wrinkles, fine lines, bags under the eyes, sagging, puffiness, drooping eyelids, double chin, large pores, dry skin or acne. Different methods are emphasized and specific points stimulated according to how an individual is aging. A person with excess puffiness, for example, would require a different treatment than someone with dry skin. The whole person is treated and evaluated on the body-mind continuum--the foundation of Holistic Medicine.
What is the course of treatment?
Generally, it consists of 12 treatments. The effects become most noticeable and lasting on or about the seventh session. Each person responds differently, depending on his or her condition and lifestyle prior to treatment. From experience with patients in the clinic, results of hydrated, softened and glowing skin are visible within 1-2 weeks. At 4-6 weeks, skin around the mouth and cheeks feels tighter and lines are beginning to soften. Following the initial course of treatment, maintenance sessions can prolong the results for five to ten years. It is often recommended to supplement the Facial Rejuvenation program with Facial Self-Massage and/or Acupressure, Facial Exercises, Herbal and Nutritional Supplements, pure and authentic Aromatherapy blends for the skin, and a healthy diet.
Does Cosmetic Acupuncture hurt?
No, Cosmetic Acupuncture does not hurt. The needles used in the face are as little as 0.12 of a millimetre!- that's finer than half of your hair strand. The majority of patients do not feel a thing, however it is not unusual to feel a tiny and very quick prick as the needle is first inserted into your skin. This will disappear in a split second and the rest of the treatment is virtually painless and discomfort-free. Many patients actually comment on how relaxing it is.
Are there instances when I shouldn't have Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Cosmetic Acupuncture should be used with precaution if:
- you are pregnant
- you have a migraine/severe headaches
During your consultation, your therapist Ania Borowska will make an assessment of your suitability for Facial Acupuncture.
Can I have Cosmetic Acupuncture if I have had Botox?
It is best to avoid areas that have had botox within the last 3 months. This is because it may counteract the effect of Botox. Cosmetic Acupuncture can still target other areas of the face that are free from botox. Some of our patients have botox around their eyes, and still have Cosmetic Acupuncture in the forehead and around the mouth.
Some key facts about Cosmetic Acupuncture
- Cosmetic Acupuncture increases the circulation in your skin. Your circulation tends to get a little sluggish as you age. Cosmetic Acupuncture brings all those nutrient goodies like collagen and elastin back to where you want it - in your face and neck.
- The increased circulation translates into better skin tone, fewer fine lines, and even some lift around sagging jowls and baggy eyes.
- It's safe. No side effects here, other than the occasional bruise, which heals in less than a week. You don't have to worry about scarring, lumps, or botched procedures.
- Your health benefits from the sessions, too. During a Cosmetic Acupuncture treatment, your acupuncturist also treats any health concerns that you have. They do this because beautiful skin is linked to good health. You can't have beautiful, glowing skin if you're health is suffering.
- Cosmetic Acupuncture is effective in treating acne, eczema, and rosacea.
- It's relaxing. It may seem unlikely that an Acupuncture treatment is relaxing, but the truth is that Acupuncture increases the release of endorphins, those feel-good chemicals in your brain. This means that from the time you're on the table for hours, and sometime days after your treatment, you'll feel mellow, rested, and less stressed.
- Cosmetic Acupuncture is chemical-free. There are no acid peels, Botox, or injectable fillers involved in the process.
- The effects of Cosmetic Acupuncture can last years with just minor tune ups every six months or so.
- There is no down time with Cosmetic Acupuncture. You can have a treatment at lunch and head back to work glowing and relaxed.
To make your booking you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Ania at 07467 48258.